Gametoast Server behaviour

Posts relating to [GT] Clan in SWBF1 go here. Ranks, Members, benefits of joining our fun mod clan are all here.

Moderator: Moderators

SteveK14
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by SteveK14 »

6/26/2006 10:53:25 : Removed timed-ban on player {SL}Bastion , the ban has expired.

6/26/2006 10:53:25 : Removed timed-ban on player [GT]Squirel7Hun , the ban has expired.

6/26/2006 10:53:25 : Removed timed-ban on player [GT-b]Blackdutc , the ban has expired.

Lets keep it clean from here on out, ok guys?

Steve
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

May this be the beginning of a new and friendly and clean server.
swbf_lase
Major General
Major General

Post by swbf_lase »

Ya rends you need to brush up you were getting pwned all over the place lol
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

I have a request: Pleas make an auto boot to boot people that have a certain amount of minus points. It may help to get rid of the TKing no names.
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

some of us had to deal with a noname twerp and I think a new word needs to added into the banned list.

It's best I don't say it here. I'll PM who?
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

I guess Steve, as he is the server guy :)
geoman777

Post by geoman777 »

Thanks to TAW_Rebel, I guess Steve has it all figured out. Hopefully we wont have that problem anymore.
SteveK14
Old School Staff

Post by SteveK14 »

moncalamaridestroyer wrote:I have a request: Pleas make an auto boot to boot people that have a certain amount of minus points. It may help to get rid of the TKing no names.
There is already, but nonames don't show on the points board so all the functions don't apply to them.
Qdin
Old School Staff

Post by Qdin »

Droideka88 if you have a problem with one, enter the Server and write it, since it'll be recorded in the Server log.... :wink:
SteveK14
Old School Staff

Post by SteveK14 »

Just want to bring something up for a vote here. There is a tactic being used by people that some may view as dishonest or cheating for the stats page. I want to head off any arguments or disagreements now, rather than later. I would call it "Kill Camping". Players are entering CTF maps, mostly alone, and racking up massive kills for points, not playing the map as intended to capture the flags. Some of the highest scores on the stats page are largely made of this. Look at the kills on the individual map stats, especially the CTF maps. One player had a kill ratio of 224 to 1. 2 rounds and hundreds of kills each round.

I decreased the number of bots to 8 and shortened the time limit to 25 minutes. I will experiment more on shortening the time and lessening the bots. But that is going to make for a lousy game experience for those who want to play the map correctly. The next option is to remove the ctf maps.

Please post your opinion here, OPINION, not flames or insults.

Steve
Last edited by SteveK14 on Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Well, I dislike capture the flag. I ONLY like conquest inMP. So if i had to play CTF i wouldnt take the flag, I would just ... do a neverending conquest. So my vote goes to removing CTF altogether.
Lead_Pilot
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by Lead_Pilot »

Well, I think its not really a good tactic and sort of cheating on the scores- guarding teamates who have the flag and trying to steal it from the opposing side are better tactics. But when you constantly kill on CTF, intentionally bringing up your score, that would be sort of cheating since thats only for Conquest and conquest has a limited number of reinforcements, so its fair that way, where in CTF its unlimited.
Qdin
Old School Staff

Post by Qdin »

yeah - I remember how surprised a few were when they wrote !nextmap and a lot were like: "aww man, ctf?" "there's CTF in it too?" and all that :?

so my vote has always been to remove CTF! :)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

It's kindof a dirty way to get points. Personally, they should recieve a 1 day ban as a warning, and a PM sent to them (if they are active here) notifying them to stop the 'dirty kills'.

It would be near impossible to prove that someone is doing it. Yes, looking at the score for a map with 400+ kills, you can assume they are doing it, but if done in smaller increments, no proof. So the only solution inevitably would be to pull ctf. IMO.

Steve
Dabrowski

Post by Dabrowski »

sincere apologies if i did that on one of the maps (if i did, you can delete my name from ever playing on that ctf map)

perhaps removing ctf would be a good idea and in place you can add the conquest levels of Dagobath or Felucia (although others really would hate it, Dagobath is a rather nice level). Also space maps could be an option but i can predict massive point scores from blowing up critical ship systems
stealth#a$$a$in{bf2}

Post by stealth#a$$a$in{bf2} »

how bout hunt mode or XL y cant you put those on GT?
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

I vote on removing CTF also. It's a nice mode but i doesnt fit in Battlefront like other games. (to me at least). I also Vote on adding XL mode and some hunt. (Wampa and Kashyyyk) Also the two largest space maps. (ONe 4 each era) Also when is GT server going to adopt the conversion map pack? I thinking not until the 1.1 patch is released. I can wait that long. Thanks 4 listening!

MT
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

XL isn't supported in the server manager. I wish it were.
Dabrowski

Post by Dabrowski »

hunt maybe unbalanced depending on the level. take for example (ewok v sniper) or (sbd v gungan), both maps which are an easy win for the predators. Hunt mode is very fun nonetheless.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Yeah Hunt doesn't translate well online.