BF2_modtools Application Issue [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

BarbylBapkins
Private Recruit
Projects :: Thyferra
Games I'm Playing :: DST
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

BF2_modtools Application Issue [Solved]

Post by BarbylBapkins »

Alright, so I've been having an issue with BF2_modtools_NoDVD.exe ever since I first installed it. It starts up fine, but when I try and enter a match of any kind (Training, Instant Action, Galactic Conquest,) the application immediately closes. It doesn't matter whether I try loading my custom map or one of the stock ones. BFront2.log always gives me this Severity 2 error, but it happens very early on and the application keeps running after it occurs. I'm also pretty sure I know what it's talking about and I don't think it should be a problem:

Code: Select all

Message Severity: 2
C:\Battlefront2\main\Battlefront2\Source\GameMovie.cpp(399)
Unable to find open movie segment shell_main
This is by no means a major issue; I've gotten by up to this point by simply not using it and running BattlefrontII.exe instead, but there are some useful-sounding console commands I'd like to use that can only be performed using the modtools application. Any info is appreciated.
Last edited by BarbylBapkins on Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BarbylBapkins
Private Recruit
Projects :: Thyferra
Games I'm Playing :: DST
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: BF2_modtools Application Issue

Post by BarbylBapkins »

I got help with this on the GT Discord. For whatever reason, if you're having this issue, you need to mute either your computer or the application's audio before you attempt to launch a mission.