Chaning values in default Galactic Conquest?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

SomehowLucky
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Chaning values in default Galactic Conquest?

Post by SomehowLucky »

Hello. I love GC. But i want to raise some values for Conquest & Assault. How would i be able to go about this?
All the searches i've done have lead to "installing mods" or "map making". And i want to raise Units Per Team.

Example: Instead of 150 remaining units with 20 being added for Garrison, let's say it starts with 500 units and 300 added for Garrison. And for Assault, instead of score being 180, it could be 400. With 25 units per team.

Played Instant Action? There are settings to change the numbers for the mode. That's what i'm aiming at. Plus, it will give me a new challenge by having to survive longer and having more enemies to deal with.
cbadal
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: SWBF2 XBOX Mod Environment
Games I'm Playing :: SW Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Chaning values in default Galactic Conquest?

Post by cbadal »

The Galactic Conquest game mode uses the normal mission scripts located in the folders as in here
The game knows that it's in the 'Galactic conquest' mode and operates a little differently.
I believe that most of the galactic conquest code that you are interested in is in the C++ Source; which we don't have the ability to change.

The Lua related Galactic Conquest code that we do have access to is in the 'Shell/Scripts' folder and starts with 'ifs_freeform' (these are user interface screens).
But since this code is in 'shell.lvl' this code is not accessed in the gameplay portion of the game.

To do this customization is more than the average modder typically would take on.
You could build a new base mission.lvl or you could follow the 1.3 patch API to create an addon Galactic conquest.

This is going to involve getting really familiar with Lua and the Lua API we have access to in the Game Engine.

Here are some functions that have been documented

For the example below:
Instead of 150 remaining units with 20 being added for Garrison, let's say it starts with 500 units and 300 added for Garrison.
You could set the initial unit count in the mission script to 500.
And you could register an event that triggers when Unit count changes, check to see if it increased and then call 'SetReinforcementCount(teamIndex,300)'.

Also, a better place to ask this question is over on the Gametoast Discord server. It's much more active.
https://discord.gg/z3WTsKaT