Importing ground textures?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

nicewhitetigers
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Jakku Graveyard of Giants
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: nicewhitetigers

Importing ground textures?

Post by nicewhitetigers »

I want to make a Jakku map but I don't know where/ how to find any ground textures other than the default Yavin ones. Does anyone know how or where to find them or could you redirect me to the docs (I couldn't find them)?
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Importing ground textures?

Post by MileHighGuy »

they are in the other worlds in the assets folder. for example. Geonosis: assets/worlds/geo/world1. you will find the ground textures there. You can also find textures online and convert them to a TGA. but they have to have square dimensions and should be seamless.
nicewhitetigers
Recruit Womprat Killer

MileHighGuy wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:55 pm
they are in the other worlds in the assets folder. for example. Geonosis: assets/worlds/geo/world1. you will find the ground textures there. You can also find textures online and convert them to a TGA. but they have to have square dimensions and should be seamless.
How do I import them to ZeroEditor? Do I just copy/ paste the TGA files into the world1 folder? Also what would the texture for sand be called?
Last edited by nicewhitetigers on Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiprobin
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Trench War
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by kiprobin »

Yeah, just put them in with the other textures in the world1 folder. Then select the tga file you want from within ZE's texture tab. Textures in the assets aren't normally described in their file name, so you'll have to look at each one to find what you want. Sand textures would prob be in with tatooine, and would be called tat_main_1 or tat_main_2 or something along those lines
nicewhitetigers
Recruit Womprat Killer

Sorry, I didn't know you responded until just know. Anyways, thanks for that! Also, I put the tga files into the world1 folder and opened Zero Editor and There weren't any other textures other than the default ones. Is there some very obvious thing I'm missing? (It feels like it...)