First doubts

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Zeinn
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SW Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

First doubts

Post by Zeinn »

Hello everyone, I'm new to both, this forum and modding, my intention is to create a mod for battlefront 2, for now I know the first steps and I'll progress little by little, but I would like to know for now if my initial idea is possible be done... it is possible to make a mod that changes not only the skins but also characters with different proportions, who perform their own animations that are not those of the base game?

On the other hand, is it possible to do things like program the random appearance of cp in different parts of the map, during the game, that they are destroyed after a time and so on?

Sorry if something I said is not understood, I use the google translator and also sorry if this is not the right place to post this topic and thank you all ! :D
nicewhitetigers
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Jakku Graveyard of Giants
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: nicewhitetigers

Re: First doubts

Post by nicewhitetigers »

It is possible to make a mod that adds units with new proportions with their own animations. I'm not exactly sure if
it's possible to make a command post appear but I know of a map where a command post is destroyed after a certain
amount of time. I don't know how to do any of these things so I would wait until one of the moderators respond.
Zeinn

Post by Zeinn »

nicewhitetigers wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:23 pm
It is possible to make a mod that adds units with new proportions with their own animations. I'm not exactly sure if
it's possible to make a command post appear but I know of a map where a command post is destroyed after a certain
amount of time. I don't know how to do any of these things so I would wait until one of the moderators respond.
Thanks for answering, do you think you could pass me that map or the link to download it?
nicewhitetigers
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Jakku Graveyard of Giants
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: nicewhitetigers

Post by nicewhitetigers »

Zeinn wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:09 pm
nicewhitetigers wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:23 pm
Thanks for answering, do you think you could pass me that map or the link to download it?
Here's the link to the map: https://www.moddb.com/mods/kothlis-imperial-slave-camp
MDPtoaster
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by MDPtoaster »

Join the discord, this site isn't frequented too often.
https://discord.gg/ufrFvPpa
Zeinn

Post by Zeinn »

Thank you both for the link and advice!