CODE: SELECT ALL Custom Model Issues [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Boiyoiyoing
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

CODE: SELECT ALL Custom Model Issues [Solved]

Post by Boiyoiyoing »

I've been trying to get custom objects into the game for the past few weeks without any luck. I've been using models from another game converted through Noesis. Then converted into .msh files throught blender with added materials. I've even tried importing the meshes into Softimage Mod Tool 7.5 with ZE tools to made sure they work properly. I've been having several issues. The first was the model being rotated backwards 90 degress when loaded in game. Despite it being upright in ZE. The other is the model showing up with no texture. And with the Noesis preview texture for some reason. And most recently, just not showing up at all in game when displayed and placed without issue in ZE. Are there any specific steps I need to take when importing custom models. Whether it be with the odfs or meshes themselves?
Last edited by Boiyoiyoing on Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrcool
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: OG BF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Custom Model Issues

Post by mrcool »

Using Blender 3.6 with this tool has worked well for me. The main issue that I have had is that the importer does not yet work with cloth, but everything else checks out that I have experienced. Good luck! https://github.com/PrismaticFlower/SWBF-msh-Blender-IO