The Walking Dead (SEASON 5 SPOILERS)

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

The Walking Dead (SEASON 5 SPOILERS)

Post by Marth8880 »

I was pretty disappointed that I could not find a single thread pertaining to The Walking Dead, so I decided to create my own! :)

So does anyone here watch this show? I started watching on Friday, got through seasons one and two in that one day in one sitting, and started and finished ep301-309 of season three yesterday; it's already my favorite show on television, and it's the best that I have ever seen in my waking life. (Edit: Game of Thrones is now my favorite show on television.)

My current favorite characters would definitely have to be Daryl, Glenn and Carl - Daryl because he's a freakin awesome baddonkey, Glenn because...I don't know why, I just really love his character for some reason (and plus he mentioned Portal in one of the episodes!), and Carl because even after all he has been through, after all of the deaths he has witnessed and wept through, he fights on and continues to survive and he's really all Rick has left to care for excluding Lil' Asskicker LOL.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I mean for goodness' sake, he's only thirteen years old and he had to shoot his own beloved mother, but he did it; no child or adult should ever have to go through such a traumatizing, heart-wrenching experience. Chandler Riggs' (Carl) performance during that entire scene was simply phenomenal, and the crew could hardly manage to keep their cool during shooting.

Only the Red Wedding in Game of Thrones has managed to shock me more and have a stronger effect on me than happenings in episode 304, "Killer Within."
Why is this such a brilliant show, one might ask? Well, lemme put it this way: I have shed tears more than eleven times during this show. Me. Eleven times. Okay, to put that in perspective, I do not usually shed tears over things, like, it is RARE. The fact that this show has forced this out of me over eleven times just goes to prove its brilliance, its drama, its emotional output and effect. It's just...the characters are all so real - you become so attached to them so easily and you cannot bare to let them go. Nobody is safe in The Walking Dead. Nobody.
Hidden/Spoiler:
From what I can remember, I shed tears over the deaths of Dale, Lori, T-Dog, and most other main characters' deaths, but mostly the first two I listed.
Last edited by Marth8880 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by guru »

I don't post about wd but
I'm addicted to the shows, I have the figures and some rare statues signed by Moore , Sundays are my favorite days just for the show, I'm gonna check out the comics soon I hope
obiboba3po
2008 Most Technically Challenging Avatar
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by obiboba3po »

I started watching a few months ago and am up to date with the exception of the newest episode.
Season 1 really impressed me and remains my favorite season, partially because of how much it reminded me of Left 4 Dead. The tank scene in the pilot episode was amazing, to be specific.

Daryl is also my favorite character, I really love the contrast between hardened, unemotional guy from the south and the caring and strength he has to contribute. That and arrows are always cool.
I can't say that I've shed tears for it yet, but its certainly very emotional sometimes.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Though really, why did they have to stay on that farm for an entire season? Got a little frustrating sometimes
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

obiboba3po wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Though really, why did they have to stay on that farm for an entire season? Got a little frustrating sometimes
Hidden/Spoiler:
Probably because they were looking Sophia for a majority of the season.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

Fake things I've noticed are endless gas , no crying baby ever, eating they never just sit and eat , no one can shoot good not even Rick tonight they all had assault rifles yet one shot actually hit someone on accident lol
obiboba3po

Post by obiboba3po »

guru wrote:Fake things I've noticed are endless gas , no crying baby ever, eating they never just sit and eat , no one can shoot good not even Rick tonight they all had assault rifles yet one shot actually hit someone on accident lol
They also never seem to run out of water or bullets.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The part where Lori was driving a car and did a huge barrel roll after hitting a zombie seemed kinda silly as well
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

guru wrote:Fake things I've noticed are endless gas , no crying baby ever, eating they never just sit and eat , no one can shoot good not even Rick tonight they all had assault rifles yet one shot actually hit someone on accident lol
I've seen them have to syphon gas as well as sit down and eat (namely in ep103 and the one with the CDC) before, but I know what you mean - it's just that most people would prefer to not just be watching that kind of stuff for the entire show and whatnot, so I think we can assume they do that sort of stuff off-screen. Regarding thr shooting though...heh, sorta have to agree with that bit, but it would have helped of they fired in shorter bursts instead I think.
Hidden/Spoiler:
As for the preview for the next episode, I cannot believe Carl would think his dad should step down as leader! :o Man, I can't wait to see what happens. And HOLY CRAP I thought Carol was going to die hiding behind what's-his-name! :runaway:
FragMe!
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Not sure keep changing my mind.
Games I'm Playing :: F1 and SWBF

Post by FragMe! »

obiboba3po wrote:Season 1 really impressed me and remains my favorite season, partially because of how much it reminded me of Left 4 Dead. The tank scene in the pilot episode was amazing, to be specific.
Funny you should say that, one of the new characters in the next season is the guy who did the voice acting for Coach in L4D2.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Chad_Coleman
obiboba3po

Post by obiboba3po »

FragMe! wrote:
obiboba3po wrote:Season 1 really impressed me and remains my favorite season, partially because of how much it reminded me of Left 4 Dead. The tank scene in the pilot episode was amazing, to be specific.
Funny you should say that, one of the new characters in the next season is the guy who did the voice acting for Coach in L4D2.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Chad_Coleman
That's incredible...I'm already a fan of this character
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

It's a rather inconsistent show. Season 1 was mostly good but Season 2 had a long stretch where nothing interesting occurred beyond some highly manufactured drama, such as Lori getting herself into a car wreck, that awful subplot with the well zombie or Dale going on his weekly Crusade of Self-Righteousness. So far Season 3 has been the best, despite a couple of duds here and there, thanks to some interesting new characters and real stakes. One of my biggest problems with the show is that it has such a short supply of likable characters, mostly because if they aren't fighting off zombies or being threatened by other survivors then they're arguing with one another. I watch the show religiously but I don't think that it has reached its potential. The characters are a little one-dimensional and there are too many filler episodes.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

EraOfDesann wrote:It's a rather inconsistent show. Season 1 was mostly good but Season 2 had a long stretch where nothing interesting occurred beyond some highly manufactured drama, such as Lori getting herself into a car wreck, that awful subplot with the well zombie or Dale going on his weekly Crusade of Self-Righteousness. So far Season 3 has been the best, despite a couple of duds here and there, thanks to some interesting new characters and real stakes. One of my biggest problems with the show is that it has such a short supply of likable characters, mostly because if they aren't fighting off zombies or being threatened by other survivors then they're arguing with one another. I watch the show religiously but I don't think that it has reached its potential. The characters are a little one-dimensional and there are too many filler episodes.
Yeah, I kind of have to agree, sadly. But I still love the show regardless. :)

UPDATE:

So, season 4. Thoughts?
Hidden/Spoiler:
CAROL! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :runaway: I mean, she may not be dead or anything, but still, NOOOOOOOOOO!!! LOL DARYL'S GOING TO BE SO PISSED
In other news, I bought Compendium One and Two of the comic series; I've finished the first and I am less than halfway through the second.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Holy CRAP! The end of Compendium One is insane, not to mention brutal as all hell. (Literally!)
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: HearhStone+Fallout
xbox live or psn: Steam: Sean-Nada

Re: The Walking Dead (SEASON 4 SPOILERS)

Post by TikiXFIP »

Well it seems Im a little late to this thread but none the less Im glad i got here, I love the walking dead its an awesome show and Im glad im not the only that watches it :D
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Marth got me into TWD, been mostly caught up. Only seen the first two episodes of season 4 though.

The Telltale Walking Dead game is probably my favorite zombie game, SO GOD DANG EXCITED FOR SEASON 2. :runaway:
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

I havent played the telltale walking dead game but I hear its great :)
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

Hidden/Spoiler:
Anyone see the new episode with the governor yet? I literally felt bad for that man by the end of the episode because of how much he's really lost to the undead. Also i have a prediction; the governor and ricks group will have to join forces at some point to fight the common enemy. Just a thought though.
Last edited by Zapattack1234 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Please post spoilers to the show in hide tags. Thanks.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I felt the same for him; I really hope he doesn't turn the other way (evil, basically) again, though - or rather, I hope he becomes good and doesn't turn evil again.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

Hidden/Spoiler:
I personally hope Shupert the African American man that was with the Governor and Caesar just realizes "I'm Shupert I'm unstoppable and just go kills errybody CUZ I'M SHUPERT GBSERILYVGSDFILBGUDKLZBGVSDHJ,FVBGSJ,VBFGYUKXHJ,VGMKTJNYIZVFGUXTHYJICFUGKIHU,YMAFSEBHR, CTKTYJIXBTV,FM,DJ YNUILTXGJHVBCRYUILV
Hidden/Spoiler:
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Zapattack1234 »

Hidden/Spoiler:
I hope they dont make us feel bad for the governor then kill him off 5 episodes from now
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

SPOILERS
Hidden/Spoiler:
So now that the governor has a new army that has some people with fighting experience do you think he will really assault the prison and if so do you think these people will actually fight. Also how do you think Ricks group will handle this impending attack?
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Zapattack1234 »

Hidden/Spoiler:
martinez: maybe we can even share the crown a little
Governor: I DON'T WANT IT. I DON'T WANT IT!