Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront Zero Mod Information

Post by MandeRek »

No it won't, because we won't release it before it works :lol:

Noticed a funny thing, when i call the old munged folder ZER2 and put it with ZER in the addon, all old maps including scripts, team setups etc are loaded! I only need to do the localisations for these maps again, and we're back where we left off, and even further now :)
LOOOKS GREAT!!!!!

but can i install it in combination with the convo pack?
We were thinking of changing the shell, or asset's maps.. We decided not to do it. We'll only add maps, and if we want to change a stock map, we'll just take that map and modify it under a different name. This is 100% usable with every mod, since no common units are loaded, only some heroes, and it doesn't rely on anything..
Commander_Poecky
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Commander_Poecky »

AWESOME :thumbs:
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Hey guys,

no update in a while, doesn't mean we haven't been working on this..

You've had some complains about using ported KotOR textures
Let me be fair on this, this REALLY shocked me. BF0 is a fair mod, and waz and I have worked hard to finish a lot of custom models, maybe based on, and using textures from the BF2 modtools. This is 100% allowed. Next to that, we make loads from scratch, even textures, since meshtool can do a lot to blank textures these days. Next to that part, KotOR era is scrapped from Battlefront Zero. We won't use ANY ported material, from what game, doesn't matter. If we use material from another game it community made, and imported with permission, like Robin_Hoodz's Cyber Maul and Toshi's Yoda

Okay, so what have you guys been working on?
FOOLIS has almost finished his beautiful map Battle of Terra Sool. It's an amazing map, which creates an atmosphere not identical to ANY shipped map. It's really Terra sool. With a nice militia sides, and a perfect map i hope FOOLIS will give some info and pics here soon :)

Crazy_Ewok has become a real asset to the team. He has made a awesome AHSOKA model, which I'm now tweaking for him, and giving it animated tentacles plus cloth. We're really proud on the fact to have Ewok on the team, he is a great moddeler, and as we hoped for, only gets better with more canon models.

Challenger33 has made an awesome part of DMI. He's (almost) done with that, so I'm happy to announce he'll be the main man for the Battle of Cato Neimoidia. We can't wait to see Chal work on BF0 with such an awesome map!

trainmaster611 has used an awesome venator model, and with help from FragMe!, our main moddeling help-desk, he has turned it into a piece of art. A brilliant texture, and new hangar, will make this a PERFECT addition to Battle over Coruscant, a not 100% related BF0 map, but still a thing we would be happy to help on. Cheers train :thumbs:

ATATFIGHTR has told me he has been too busy.. We respect this, and hope to see his 2 maps finished soon; Jabiim; Confederacy Valley and Muunilist; Harnaidan

Then we've got the main moddeler, and mapper, Wazmol. Wazmol has been plagued with different bugs, which i bet no one can solve. Still he's working on Space Muunilist, which will be the first, but also the best, space map EVER for Battlefront Zero

authraw is the latest addition to the team. He has got his Dathomir map to finish first, and I'll make him a rigged Rancor as soon as I'm back from holiday! He had some great ideas for future wait, we're happy to have such a enthusiastic member!

Myself, I've been doing some tweaking, and sides improvement. Durge is done. IG-101 is done. Crazy_Ewok helped me with some hexing, and now, the Magnaguard is back (didn't survive the crash) and far better. Next to that, the Grappledroid is almost done, and so is the Ultra Battledroid (their improvements) Lighting has been added to Tatooine; Mos Gamos and the 187th Legion is remade. Also, most HUDtags have been done

When will this be done?
The alpha test is almost sent to the testers, which are the members, the helpers (they know who) plus experienced testers, and members which are always interested: AQT, NullCommando and epm01

Alpha?! That means we need to wait a long time!!
Not true. Durge and Ahsoka will be released as a .lvl file, with new sounds, as nice advertisement to Battlefront Zero

Say.. I wanna join in BF0? Is that possible?
Everything is possible. But we don't take requests. We always ask someone if he would like to join us, because of this we've got a brilliant team now, and some VERY experienced back-ups, which help us out in trouble. Show interest in the mod, make suggestions, and when you're lucky you'll receive a pm..

Long post.. I'm off to Belgium, 5 days of hiking and beer, can't wait.. Hope to have enough informed, and hope the BF0 members will make some updates here..

wazmol
High General
High General
Projects :: Thinking...
Games I'm Playing :: Black Ops

Post by wazmol »

Great post, you have cleared a lot up here at GT, nice one.
MandeRek wrote:Crazy_Ewok has become a real asset to the team. He has made a awesome AHSOKA model, which I'm now tweaking for him, and giving it animated tentacles plus cloth. We're really proud on the fact to have Ewok on the team, he is a great moddeler, and as we hoped for, only gets better with more canon models.
Oh yeah update on that, her hilt is almost completed, just finishing off the texture.

Heres a pic in hidden line removal view:

as you can see it still needs a bit of tweaking.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

wazmol wrote:Great post, you have cleared a lot up here at GT, nice one.
MandeRek wrote:Crazy_Ewok has become a real asset to the team. He has made a awesome AHSOKA model, which I'm now tweaking for him, and giving it animated tentacles plus cloth. We're really proud on the fact to have Ewok on the team, he is a great moddeler, and as we hoped for, only gets better with more canon models.
Oh yeah update on that, her hilt is almost completed, just finishing off the texture.

Dude.. I'm always amazed when i see how much detail you can put in small models :) Great job, I'm sure it'll fit her..

Well dudes, last post for now, seeya in a week! Bye! :mrgreen:
Crazy_Ewok
2008 Best Amateur Avatar

Post by Crazy_Ewok »

MandeRek wrote:
wazmol wrote:Great post, you have cleared a lot up here at GT, nice one.

Dude.. I'm always amazed when i see how much detail you can put in small models :) Great job, I'm sure it'll fit her..

Well dudes, last post for now, seeya in a week! Bye! :mrgreen:
Nice! I made one right after Ahsoka, but I like yours more. Here's mine. The texture sort of hides things.
Hidden/Spoiler:
wazmol
High General
High General

Post by wazmol »

Nice, use yours, it saves me time texturing it xD
wazmol
High General
High General

Post by wazmol »

Sorry for DP

Heres an update on the hilt, i decided to texture it after all:

What do ya think?
JPI Dictator4life
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by JPI Dictator4life »

Very cool. Can we maybe have a pic of the in progress maps?
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Is that gonna be env-mapped?
Crazy_Ewok
2008 Best Amateur Avatar

Post by Crazy_Ewok »

Awesome! Use yours, it will save me the time trying to figure out where to put the nulls xD
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

wazmol wrote:Sorry for DP

Heres an update on the hilt, i decided to texture it after all:

What do ya think?
That you are completely awesome and so is that model :o

Great job mate! Glad to see we've got 3 active topics as I can back from holy-days.. uhm.. holiday!

Well, with Durge done (see first post Heroes topic) there are only a little things left before i send out the alpha.. FINALLY! :D
modman222
Private Third Class

Post by modman222 »

HORRAYYY!! that's awesome, great job
Wolfblade
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Wolfblade »

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Amazing!! when it comes out definatly going to dling :plokoon:
Challenger33
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Challenger33 »

I've been working on this one for a while: the Fanblade starfighter. I am not sure as to what map(s) we'll incorporate this in yet. Regardless, it will be textured soon.

I was told this has been made before after I started modeling it. But this one will be BF0-exclusive. :P

All that's left before the texture is the two blasters.
Last edited by Challenger33 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Ladies and gentlemen, let me tell you the story from this kid, making a map. This map was Hoth. A new speeder, awesome reskins, and so far fantastic gameplay. We all agreed from within the team to ask this kid if he wanted to join. Personal life is the most important part for all of us though, and so this kid became a man in some way, i noticed that when speaking to him in the BF0 Members Chatroom. Moddeling a Confederacy Table, shows he can make perfect use of assets to create something new.. Something unique. This man has now shown us, that he can also be fantastic with models from scratch.. We are VERY honoured, to have this man on our team. The man that will make an awesome Cato Neimoidia map... The man that will model the most important key-starfighter from Space Muunilist.. The man that will make Battlefront Zero a little bit more unique than it might have been without him.. This man.. OUR mate..
Hidden/Spoiler:
Next to the lifestory here, some info.. Yes, we know the Convo pack has a Fanblade, and before i say this all:

Battlefront Zero is 100% usable in combination with the Convo pack, and we would even recommened everyone to install the Convo pack; it really improves the stock sides, which is always nice, also in BF0 maps, plus we make use of Convo pack vehicles, heroes etc so we don't want any fight or battle with the Convo pack

That is clear i hope! Next to that, our Fanblade will be different; I'll explain Chal about 9pose and this way we can have a Fanblade moving almost 100% identical to the Cartoon. Happy us! :D
Last edited by MandeRek on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Hebes24 »

*applauds*

Yay Challenger!! Wohoo!!!
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

The Fanblade doesn't even make an appearance in the Conversion Pack proper, its only prior appearance was in the CP's Space Muunilinst, which was cut. So unless I make a change or two in the next couple of days, it won't be seen (although it's still built into the sides).
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Maveritchell wrote:The Fanblade doesn't even make an appearance in the Conversion Pack proper, its only prior appearance was in the CP's Space Muunilinst, which was cut. So unless I make a change or two in the next couple of days, it won't be seen (although it's still built into the sides).
I never play space maps (Except your Endor) so i couldn't tell from the assets only... Thanks for the info! :)
modman222
Private Third Class

Post by modman222 »

awesome job guys, keep up the good work!