Star Wars: Rogue One

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Star Wars: Rogue One

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Unfortunately for followers of the EU, it looks like this will overwrite Kyle Katarn's story. So everyone's favorite grey-area Jedi Knight might go the way of permanently non-canon.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I never wanted this.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

The teaser isn't really much of anything. It says "maybe this is set above Kashyyyk?" with the woods, but nothing else.

Also, I'm gonna be an unhappy dude if they co-opt the "Rogue" name for something that isn't a group of X-Wing aces. Don't get rid of the best part of the EU. Please.
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

I thought it was gonna be about Rogue Squadron originally, guess not??
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

It was Timothy Zahn who coined the term Rogue Squadron in Heir to the Empire, which is as far as Disney is concerned, isn't canon anymore. Nowhere in the films is "Rogue Squadron" mentioned. Best we get is Luke being "Rogue Leader" in Empire Strikes Back. In ROTJ, they used "red" as their callsigns rather than "rogue."

Reminder.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Unfortunately for followers of the EU, it looks like this will overwrite Kyle Katarn's story. So everyone's favorite grey-area Jedi Knight might go the way of permanently non-canon.
THEWULFMAN wrote:It was Timothy Zahn who coined the term Rogue Squadron in Heir to the Empire, which is as far as Disney is concerned, isn't canon anymore. Nowhere in the films is "Rogue Squadron" mentioned. Best we get is Luke being "Rogue Leader" in Empire Strikes Back. In ROTJ, they used "red" as their callsigns rather than "rogue."

Reminder.
What I think.
Darth_Squoobus
General
General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

Do you guys really, REALLY want Luuke to be canon again? Answer me honestly.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Darth_Squoobus wrote:Do you guys really, REALLY want Luuke to be canon again? Answer me honestly.

He was there as a characterless minion for Joruus C'baoth. He serves his purpose, especially in allowing Mara to finally finish the Emperor's last order to her.
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Cato Neimoidia- Invasion
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by JazzMaster »

Yes. Yes. Yes please. Such an amazing cast. http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-one- ... d=16333993

jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

I am very excited about all the new information we received today regarding this movie. Good thing we have TFA to keep us happy until next December....
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Honestly, I think that I am going to enjoy this movie. However, I think that making Star Wars spinoffs is a bad idea. I feel like Disney knows that everyone is excited for Star Wars, not just fans but casuals too, so in the next five years they are going to make as many films as possible and bank off it before Star Wars gets too "old". Look at Marvel, for example. But Mads Mikkelsen will be interesting to see in a Star Wars movie.
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

Yeah, I worry a bit about a possible Star Wars overdose. We've now got an animated TV show, the possibility of a live action one on the way, 6 new movies in 6 years, who knows how many games and new books, and also massive theme park attractions. I love Star Wars so much - I'm scared we might lose the magic of it if we're not careful.
I have absolutely nothing against any of these movies/games/other projects on their own, just a thought that's been lingering in the back of my mind.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

But Disney loves money and they are scared, they loose much of it if they do not kill your magic :D

But I think Disney is on a good way. I hate the TCW style and Disney brings the real people back ;)
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

I'm Sooooo Psyked, I do hope they find a way to have the Yvong or however you spell it invade the galaxy, and the Fell empire, the thawn stuff, and the imperial knights, and Darth Kyrat.

But although star killer, the emperors resurrection, and dark luke, vaders gauntlet, and all that is fun, and good on it's own, I don't feel we NEED them to be cannon. I see nothing in Rouge One to say that Rouge Squadron is discounted however.