TIE Fighter - Short Film

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

TIE Fighter - Short Film

Post by jedimoose32 »

TIE Fighter

Check out this ^ awesome short film that someone made about a space battle between a TIE squadron and a small rebel fleet. It's done in an 80s Japanese animation style... fantastic action-packed little video that he obviously poured a ton of hard work into. And it's AMAZING!! :)
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: TIE Fighter - Short Film

Post by Maveritchell »

I got... really excited when the Interdictor reversed its gravity wells to repel those missiles. And when the cargo tug flew out. Also when the bomber pilot cycled through all her weapons from TIE Fighter. The guy did his homework (and also obviously loves the property).
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by jedimoose32 »

Oh man, yeah. The Interdictor moment you mentioned... I had to pause and pick my jaw up off the floor. Just beautifully done. I liked the attention to detail especially.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

I keep seeing this posted as if it was new. I know I've seen this before....

It's still an EPIC film however.

EDIT: Now I see, what I saw before was the unfinished version.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

So because this isn't discussed often on this site, for obvious and understandable reasons, a lot of you might not know I'm an anime fan. Especially from the 80's and 90's, which is when my favorite anime (Cowboy Bebop and Gunbuster) came out.

This short film's art style is a very faithful homage to some of the beautiful animation styles we saw from Japan in the 80s and 90s. Just putting aside the amazing detail to Star Wars itself (of which there was a lot of), this alone makes this video worth it by itself.

I could watch the TIE Fighter startup sequence a dozen times and never get tired of it.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention before anyone else did.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The animation was especially refreshing, because anime styles of the 2010s are so monotonous and basic. See Aldnoah.Zero and its horrendously ugly CGI mechs.
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by jedimoose32 »

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm super excited to get home from work so I can re-watch it.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

This short movie was absolutely amazing. I really love all the sequences, interesting characters, that the empire won the battle...
I especially love the detailed animations the pilot did when he started the Tie Fighter. The music was also very interesting. It actually doesn't fit to Star Wars but I wonder why it fits so perfectly to this short movie.
Anyway this movie is absolutely awesome done. 11/10
CommanderCody
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 skyrim
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by CommanderCody »

This was amazing! So much Star Wars in so little time :faint:
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Well that was pretty cool. I'm the opposite of WULF, where I don't know the first thing about anime - but the art style was really interesting, and even to a know-nothing like me it was obviously well done.

I think the music actually did fit really well for Star Wars. You can hear some rhythmic motifs lifted straight out of the Imperial March, and they were transferred brilliantly to the style of music this film used. It makes me think of video game music from the 80s and 90s, so it's perfect here considering what WULF said about the animation style.

One last thought - I love what they did to show the TIE pilots' faces while in the cockpit. Really good choice on their part.