Clone Wars "Bad Batch" unfinished four-episode arc

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Re: Clone Wars "Bad Batch" unfinished four-episode arc

Post by Eggman »

I watched them when they were first released. Definitely worth checking out. As with the Utapau arc, you stop noticing the rough-cut quality of them after a while.

Possible (light) spoilers:
Hidden/Spoiler:
While the episodes were fun to watch, I wasn't too fond of the "Bad Batch" concept. Their characters were too over-the-top for my taste, and really went against the whole notion of the Kaminoans disposing of any clones who don't meet their exact specifications. Even with the way they explain this exception in the episodes...it's been done before in other material.

Also: why can't characters just stay dead? The Star Wars universe is developing a really bad habit of bringing characters back from the dead. Boba Fett in the old EU was believable. Maul in The Clone Wars was at least redeemed by having a fantastic story arc. Minor characters like Admiral Trench (the CIS tarantula-alien guy)...sure, whatever. But at this point, it's getting ridiculous. There's only room for so many cyborgs in the galaxy. I propose that for every character resurrected in the future, two other characters have to be perma-killed. :faint: :faint:
Those criticisms aside, there are tons of things to enjoy in the episodes. There's a great moment involving Anakin's reaction to some pin-up art depicting a particular female character in a skimpy outfit. :wink:
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Re: Clone Wars "Bad Batch" unfinished four-episode arc

Post by ARC1778 »

Eggman wrote:I watched them when they were first released. Definitely worth checking out. As with the Utapau arc, you stop noticing the rough-cut quality of them after a while.

Possible (light) spoilers:
Hidden/Spoiler:
While the episodes were fun to watch, I wasn't too fond of the "Bad Batch" concept. Their characters were too over-the-top for my taste, and really went against the whole notion of the Kaminoans disposing of any clones who don't meet their exact specifications. Even with the way they explain this exception in the episodes...it's been done before in other material.

Also: why can't characters just stay dead? The Star Wars universe is developing a really bad habit of bringing characters back from the dead. Boba Fett in the old EU was believable. Maul in The Clone Wars was at least redeemed by having a fantastic story arc. Minor characters like Admiral Trench (the CIS tarantula-alien guy)...sure, whatever. But at this point, it's getting ridiculous. There's only room for so many cyborgs in the galaxy. I propose that for every character resurrected in the future, two other characters have to be perma-killed. :faint: :faint:
Those criticisms aside, there are tons of things to enjoy in the episodes. There's a great moment involving Anakin's reaction to some pin-up art depicting a particular female character in a skimpy outfit. :wink:
Maul was stupid, did I love it? YES, does it make him more awesome that he can hold on to life just by the force? Yeah! Is it still a Darth Vader "NoooOOOOOOoooooo" moment? yeah!

But Echo? Echo makes scene, he got blown up a bit, but that isn't enough to mean instant death that arm was probally hacked off by shrapnel, but again, not fatal.

I don't normally watch there, I preffer to hear em as radio plays, but the design of the bad batch is cool. That said, I disagree with eggman, 99 (dispited being named like an ice-cream) was a more sinister concept, a failled batcher, who's existance depended on his ability to clean, I don't think the kaminians would kill eveything that silightly deviated to fett's template, Rex is blonde FFS, I think that they'd let them all grow up, if you need a cleaner and you have a clone not suitable for combat, then it's better to get some use out of him rather than termante him, the bad batch I think are a similar crew, if you saw the buy guy as cadet, you'd be like "Diet Dr. Pepper" can we get more of him for a close combat sqaud? Even if he has higher aggression, I can just imagine that sniper krushing ants, and nicking a DC-15 to shoot those anphibious thing out the sky on kamino, as for the techy one, clone need tech support too...
Hidden/Spoiler:
I don't think every kid that came out of a batch that didn't match the others was killed, I get the feeling that they all grew up till they were into blue uniforms, and then started being tested, the ones that failed, according to those that passed were "held back", but in reality were "re-calibrated" if that failed, then they were "recycled" Clones age faster than others, so I doubt if one of them got shot in the lung, you could just shove a human's in there, no I think they were used, those too stupid or too frail to even pass the tests, may have been left comatose, and used for blood production, you can't just replace a clone like you can a droid, a droid you buy it, it's already on a shelf, you just take one from your own reserves, and put the new shipment into that reserve pool, the republic would have to wait till more clones were ready, I guess a new batch every month?

But casulaties don't happen en-mass very often, a legion would't be wiped out, one dies here, another there, and that happens every day, in every legion, and if those losses in the whole army are higher than the monthy replenishments, then the whole thing falls behind schedule meaning always are there units that are understrength, belive under the 64 plan there were front-line clones - with armour customization, like the 501st, and many holding detachements, like domino squads deployment to rishi moon, some of latter would replace fallen men in the former, but experienced clones sitting waiting for someone to die are a waste, and experienced re-enforcements are a waste of rescorces, XD Unliek droids where you just pull the file of the fallen droid off the central relay computer (they were still conceted to it jsut didn;t shut down automaticly if it was lost, as this was how Vader turned them all off) and shove it's memories into the new one, clones cost more, and take longer.