Rogue One Tease Trailer 2016

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Rogue One Tease Trailer 2016

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Rogue One Teaser Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

So far this looks very original and very promising. Im glad they are bringing different directors, this looks fresh.
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Re: Rogue One Tease Trailer 2016

Post by jedimoose32 »

100% awesome. I will admit that the hype level was much less for me when I watched this trailer, compared to TFA, but that is totally fine. This is a different kind of excitement. With TFA there was an anticipation of the new, but with a sense of nostalgia for all the history of the previous six films. With this one, it's a blank slate. Yes we know that it was preceded by RotS, and followed by ANH, but it's a whole new story in itself, and a completely different perspective on the Star Wars galaxy.
So basically I'm excited and I can't wait to see it - the hype just doesn't include all the waves of nostalgia that TFA brought. (Which, again, is completely okay).

Discussion points:
- Mon Mothma!
- Who is this Grand Admiral fellow we're seeing (with the white tunic and cape)? I am getting a strong Thrawn vibe from him, even though I know it's not Thrawn.
- New kinds of stormtroopers - these are the troopers we're looking for. 8)
- Those AT-ATs... are actually terrifying. I can't wait to see them on the big screen - I feel like Gareth Edwards is really going to have fun with that scene.
- Who is the droid we see running several times throughout the movie? He looks cool.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Is that TIE pilot garb Jyn is wearing at the very end?? TRAITOR! *brandishes stun baton*
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

This movie looks very promising so far. I love that it looks similair to Episode 4 sometimes but is still made 40 years after the first movie. I really love that secene at 0:43. Somehow I think completely different about the deathstar now. I am not sure why. It's just...monstrous.
wagromph
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Post by wagromph »

I got worried seeing the lad in white, I guess I am scared they will put Thrawn into new canon but not make him a Chiss XD
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica

Post by CdtFox »

YES! Really nice trailer...In my opinion much better than TFA! But I will wait the movie for the final notice... :P
jedimoose32 wrote: Discussion points:
- Mon Mothma!
I can't recognize if this is the same actress as EP4 & 6? Normally she would be "too" old no? :(
- Who is this Grand Admiral fellow we're seeing (with the white tunic and cape)?
Maybe Moff Tarkin a little bit more younger?!....lol :funny2:
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by jedimoose32 »

The actress who plays Mon Mothma here is the same one who played "young" Mon Mothma in some Ep3 deleted scenes.

And no, it's not Tarkin. He looks nothing like Tarkin and his demeanor is totally different. Plus Tarkin has never been a cape guy.

I also wonder who the hooded figure with the royal guards is. Doesn't look like it would be Vader, and the Emperor wouldn't be kneeling for anyone...
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

jedimoose32 wrote: - New kinds of stormtroopers - these are the troopers we're looking for. 8)
What kind of new stormtrooper? I just remember good old stormies :D

About the back caped guy, it would be cool if it is Starkiller 8)
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by jedimoose32 »

I spotted at least two new stormtrooper types.
There's a brown coloured one that looks like a cross between a scout trooper and a clone, and of course the black ones. I might have seen a third one too if I remember correctly, which was white and looked a lot like a Phase 2 clone mixed with a First Order flame trooper. But I could be wrong about that one.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

You can see the new dark armored Stormtrooper at 1:08.

It's good to see them have the same actress from RotS reprise her role as Mon Mothma. Always nice to acknowledge continuity!
CdtFox wrote:Maybe Moff Tarkin a little bit more younger?!....lol :funny2:
You have to realize that this movie will probably take place a few days or so before ANH. :wink:
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Honestly, I have mixed feelings. It's Star Wars, it looks awesome. However, I still feel like "spinoff" star wars films are mainly money grabs for Disney. I don't want that special feeling of Star Wars to be lost when we have 18 episodes and 12 spinoff movies. I personally think that the trilogy is enough, and make another trilogy in 10-20 years.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Im really looking forward to this. TFA trailer probably got me more hype, but that changed when I watched that movie. This one looks way more original and I adore the idea of a war film set in the star wars universe. :D The film shots look great, like how someone might have done it in the 70s/80s.

@kingpin I agree, eventually I think we might get burnt out on star wars.
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by jedimoose32 »

@Kingpin and TWINKEYRUNAWAY: I can understand that I suppose. Personally I think I'll be fine - I've read over three quarters of the EU books, some of which were amazing and beautiful, and others which were corny and devoid of any decent content. And I followed them as new ones came out, and loved them all because they were and are Star Wars. I feel like the movies will be the same for me. Some will be 100% awesome and nearly perfect, and others will leave a strange taste in my mouth, but at the end of the day, Star Wars is awesome and I'll be happy.

@Anakin and others: here are screencaps of all the new trooper types we have seen so far:

Tank pilots (in the background)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Shadow/dark trooper
Hidden/Spoiler:
Some kind of urban riot trooper maybe? (The brown ones)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Are there going to be any jedi in the movie? I know that it isn't centered on them, but will they make any appearances?
willinator
Major
Major
Projects :: [Coming of the Sentinels]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft Halo
xbox live or psn: PC pwns all!

Post by willinator »

It took me a little while to notice it, but I really like the blend at the end between "Binary Sunset" and "The Imperial March." I would never have thought to combine those two, but it ends the trailer on an interesting tone.
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

I'm more excited for this than I ever was for TFA, and the trailer has not disappointed me. Seeing the classic Stormtroopers, AT-AT's, Rebel pilots and Rebel troopers, etc. gives me a lot more nostalgic goosebumps than the re-designs that TFA employed - not that they were 'bad' by any measure of the imagination, but I'm a stickler. I'm also really pleased to see Mon Mothma back, and despite sad recent nows, hoping we see Ackbar. I'm a sucker for cameos by previously established minor characters, particularly from the ROTS - OT era.

I'm also crossing my fingers for a light nod of some sort to Kyle Katarn, more so out of respect than anything else. A single, irrelevant throwaway line would be enough for me.

Also quietly hoping they don't overwrite the Bothan species as some kind of nickname for Rebel spies or something, even if Bothans being a species was probably a goofy decision to begin with.
Noobasaurus wrote:Are there going to be any jedi in the movie? I know that it isn't centered on them, but will they make any appearances?
Official answer is no. That hasn't stopped people from speculating -- there is already a TREMENDOUS assumption that Darth Vader will be in the movie but to my knowledge it's not been officially confirmed.
Honestly, I have mixed feelings. It's Star Wars, it looks awesome. However, I still feel like "spinoff" star wars films are mainly money grabs for Disney. I don't want that special feeling of Star Wars to be lost when we have 18 episodes and 12 spinoff movies. I personally think that the trilogy is enough, and make another trilogy in 10-20 years.
I'm excited for Rogue One. It looks like a great film and it's pretty much the most worthy off-screen story in the Star Wars canon to tell. I also think it serves as a very unique oppurtunity to shine light on the Rebels, considering so much of Star Wars' most iconic moments and aspects have to do with the Empire.

In the long run, we share the same worries. This was my first thought the moment Disney bought the franchise. There's a wealth of things you can do in the Star Wars universe, but audiences will get bored with it if we stick to the same OT beats, and if they move too far from the mark, people may turn on it for not being 'Star Wars' enough. Disney appealing to the existing fanbase can only go so far, unfortunately.

And personally, the idea Disney is planning future solo movies as 'a Boba Fett spin-off' and 'a Han Solo spin-off' isn't encouraging to me. Star Wars has a great cast of characters but I don't want every movie to be someone's solo adventures before the OT. It just feels like a goofy way of trying to apply the Marvel formula to Star Wars - even though, to me, that ignores part of why that formula succeeded, something I'd expect Disney of all companies to understand.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica

Post by CdtFox »

Today I found some sheme of the new stormtrooper type, "apparently" named "death trooper"...(hopefully no dark-trooper we already have them...lol!)

they look really cool! They look like R.A.D troopers maybe?

What do you think about that? :D
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by jedimoose32 »

BF2-Master wrote:Also quietly hoping they don't overwrite the Bothan species as some kind of nickname for Rebel spies or something, even if Bothans being a species was probably a goofy decision to begin with.
You may recall that the Bothans were actually only involved in the retrieval of the plans for the second Death Star.

The whole "Bothan spies" thing took place in the Return of the Jedi briefing scene with Mon Mothma, not in the A New Hope one, which was led by Dodonna. :)
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

CdtFox wrote:
CdtFox wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
What do you think about that? :D
They look like Phase 3.5 Clone Troopers...just Clone Troopers looking more "stormtooperish".
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Those AT-AT's aren't quite AT-ATs. The bodies are right, but the front of the face misses the eye slit (it looks like there is a red eye slit sitting higher up) and it looks like there's no chin cannons either. Also the ears are different. So I'm thinking early prototype AT-ATs that probably get refitted later on to the more familiar configuration (like the Star Destroyers were).
Nope. As pointed out this takes place days before A New Hope. It's also been confirmed Tarkin will be a synthespian (digitally recreated actor) - rather than recast somebody who looks like him they have digitally recreated Peter Cushing.

The only one I can think of that was in a white uniform that's already established in canon is Yularen, but this guy looks younger than Yularen was.
CdtFox wrote:Image
I don't know about the one on the left, but I believe the one on the right is a concept for the First Order Stormtrooper, as seen in The Art Of The Force Awakens.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

ggctuk wrote:
The only one I can think of that was in a white uniform that's already established in canon is Yularen, but this guy looks younger than Yularen was.