Rogue One Tease Trailer 2016

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Re: Rogue One Tease Trailer 2016

Post by jedimoose32 »

I am trying not to get me hopes up about a Thrawn appearance in any of the new films... But I would be ecstatic if he did appear, even if it was just a two second cameo.
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

jedimoose32 wrote:
BF2-Master wrote:Also quietly hoping they don't overwrite the Bothan species as some kind of nickname for Rebel spies or something, even if Bothans being a species was probably a goofy decision to begin with.
You may recall that the Bothans were actually only involved in the retrieval of the plans for the second Death Star.

The whole "Bothan spies" thing took place in the Return of the Jedi briefing scene with Mon Mothma, not in the A New Hope one, which was led by Dodonna. :)
Well aware! But if there's one thing I excel at, it's worrying :P

And I don't expect to ever see any popular EU characters appear in the new films. You would sooner see a totally-not-Thrawn than a Thrawn adaption.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Thrawn is not canon though.

EDIT: Got on the late train.

Somebody pointed out the Rogue One AT-AT is like a cross between the Rebels AT-AT and the TESB AT-AT. Its general shape is much closer to the TESB AT-AT but it still carries certain features of the Rebels AT-AT.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by CdtFox »

ggctuk wrote:
CdtFox wrote:Maybe Moff Tarkin a little bit more younger?!....lol :funny2:
Nope. As pointed out this takes place days before A New Hope. It's also been confirmed Tarkin will be a synthespian (digitally recreated actor) - rather than recast somebody who looks like him they have digitally recreated Peter Cushing.
Hum...I didn't know this information...As much for me, anyways thanks gistech.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

This trailer definitely looks promising to me, just hope they do not hype it up and then disappoint me when I go to see this movie in the theaters. We all had that one time where a movie was hyped up and then when you walk out of the theater you feel disappointed. This was me when I saw the Hunger Games, did not really see anything fun or exciting about it.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:We all had that one time where a movie was hyped up and then when you walk out of the theater you feel disappointed.
Hidden/Spoiler:
***Image hidden for size --Staff
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Lol I'm sorry you thought BvS was gonna be a good movie. I went in expecting to be disappointed and was pleasantly surprised.

BvS/DC comics spoilers:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The problem is that, if you're not a hardcore comic book fan, that movie makes absolutely no sense. And, as a standalone film, there's no real story. Everything important happens either before the film or is going to happen after the film in the upcoming Justice League movies. BUT, if you know what's going on, comics-wise (Flashpoint/Injustice, Death and Return of Superman, Dark Knight Returns, Death in the Family, etc) you can tell where the movie is pulling inspiration from, and you can sort of see the direction the films want to go, and that path looks pretty exciting.
I'm actually hopefully optimistic for Rogue One, though. Yes, it's new canon, and yes, it basically erases Kyle Katarn from existance. But Rogue One is basically an EU story in movie form. It can focus on characters that aren't Skywalkers, we have no idea how it's going to end (other than "they get the Death Star plans to Princess Leia"), and it most certainly won't be a happy ending for all of the characters, there will be actual suspense for literally everyone in the movie (unlike the main films, where we know Rey and Finn are gonna be fine, no matter what).
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Lol I'm sorry you thought BvS was gonna be a good movie. I went in expecting to be disappointed and was pleasantly surprised.
A hundred times this. BvS was the Transformers 4 of comic book movies.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Teancum wrote:A hundred times this. BvS was the Transformers 4 of comic book movies.
I can't remember when Transformers 4 came out. Just saw that it has another name :faint:
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:BUT, if you know what's going on, comics-wise (Flashpoint/Injustice, Death and Return of Superman, Dark Knight Returns, Death in the Family, etc) you can tell where the movie is pulling inspiration from, and you can sort of see the direction the films want to go, and that path looks pretty exciting.
Really noticed the Dark Knight Returns / DITF references, plus with all the in-your-face Injustice and Darkseid themes was just way too much. I could start a 12 paragraph paper on why BvS was so bad. I had hopes when the first trailers were being dropped, but after Doomsday being revealed, my expectations plummeted.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Just thought some of you may like this recreation of the trailer in LEGO. I really love all the detail they put in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjTkqg8QFd4
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Little late, but that guy isn't a Grand Admiral. He's a regular old admiral, no different from Piett. He just has a different uniform, minus one important thing.

The devil is in the details. He's got the six red on top, six blue on bottom patch.

Grand Admirals have a different patch.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

THEWULFMAN wrote:Grand Admirals have a different patch.
I mean, maybe? As much as I'd like them to maintain internal consistency with EU canon, you know that's not a thing that they're doing.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Even if they don't use the EU Grand Admiral patch, it wouldn't be the same as the regular admiral's patch.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

I could come up with more than a few reasons why it could be the same patch for both ranks.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Here's a leak converning the Visual Dictionary.

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2016/ ... leaks.html

Yep, we get new Rebel and TIE Fighters, plus the AT-AT is definitely different. It also confirms the appearance of
Hidden/Spoiler:
Darth Vader
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:I could come up with more than a few reasons why it could be the same patch for both ranks.

Besides a lack of good costume design and writing, I can't think of any. In real life, every type of admiral has their own rank insignia to visually denote the chain of command. Having an Admiral and Grand Admiral bare the same insignia would be confusing to say the least.

Just as an example, here's the different admiral insignia in the US navy.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

If the rank is more exclusive (like if only one Grand Admiral is chosen out of all the Admirals) they could have the same badge, but something else denotes that they are the Grand version (such as a white uniform, or a cape). I.E. they have all the rank, ceremony, and authority of a regular admiral, but all the admirals answer to that one person.
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

spoiler-ish(?)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Last edited by Delta-1035 on Thu May 19, 2016 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Can we take a second to appreciate that Delta-1035's GT rank is the Grand Admiral insignia and he's the one who put the debate to rest?