Rogue One (spoilers!)

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Rogue One (spoilers!)

Post by AQT »

Hopefully this answers your question, Anakin: http://scifi.stackexchange.com/question ... -of-scarif
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

AQT wrote:Hopefully this answers your question, Anakin: http://scifi.stackexchange.com/question ... -of-scarif
Thanks AQT, this actually makes a lot of sense!
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Ok,

so bail goes to alderan, told leia to meet obi-wan. Then she took a broken frigate and needed to stop at yavin to repair. Then they forgot about that frigate and went to scarif :runaway:
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

If you interpret it that way (with extra details you got from...somewhere), yeah, it does sound ridiculous. But that's not exactly what the answer provided was.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

I really liked the new lore this movie added. The first act I almost fell asleep on, but it got better when they took off to eadu for me.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I personally think the characters minus chitwiu and K2SO were really not that great. Its a lot like how in Godzilla, Gareth wanted to make the main solider guy interesting but he was just kinda of there and It was hard to care for him due to his blandness. That being said I do appreciate that this movie takes us to new planets and locations that arnt too familiar to what we have already seen. Darth vaders fortress on mustafar was pretty cool, and his shine moment was incredable. I feel like orson krennic wasnt that great either , though I do really dig his design. You can tell this movie went through a lot of cutting and editing tbh. The last act is easily my favorite part, and it adds so much depth to the start of a new hope, im never going to look at it the same way agian. The way they added old cut footage into this film is freaking awesome, it lets those people who were cut out of ANH get thier time in the spot light and gives today"s audience a chance to appreciate them.

Overall my experience with this film was a good one and I think it does its job of giving us a neat side story aside the skywalker centered films.
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it, I'll watch it again, but, you can hear James Earl Jones under that filter.

Tarkin was Amazing, Leia Was given stupid amount of reverence, and the ,lack of cool bits from the trailler was jarring.

Also two many romeo and Juliette moments, if you run over to someone who's almost dead, really you'll only get screaming most of the time, or shock, nether of which I saw much of. :/ I did like how everyone died, and the fighting, but too much was cut.

The reshoots muched it up allot.

It's not bad, but it's also not as great as I was hoping. XD

But I want an extended version.

That said, I wanna watch it again, and although it felt too star warsy, it's better than feeling like something else.