Twin Suns (spoilers)

Any discussion related to the Star Wars trilogies or their various spawn. Keep all Battlefront-series-related discussion out.

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Twin Suns (spoilers)

Post by giftheck »

I've seen Twin Suns, but the only bit that really matters is the last 7 minutes of it. I'll spoiler-tag the stuff anyway.
Hidden/Spoiler:
So, we finally get to see how Maul dies, for real this time. That has to have been one of the shortest duels in the franchise so far. Maul tried to perform the same move on Ben that he performed on Qui-Gon, but Ben was ready for it.

It does show that if Ben had wanted to be serious, he could have killed Vader abord the Death Star, though. It also shows that Ben believes Luke to be the Chosen One.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Twin Suns (spoilers)

Post by CdtFox »

ggctuk wrote:I've seen Twin Suns, but the only bit that really matters is the last 7 minutes of it. I'll spoiler-tag the stuff anyway.
Hidden/Spoiler:
So, we finally get to see how Maul dies, for real this time. That has to have been one of the shortest duels in the franchise so far. Maul tried to perform the same move on Ben that he performed on Qui-Gon, but Ben was ready for it.

It does show that if Ben had wanted to be serious, he could have killed Vader abord the Death Star, though. It also shows that Ben believes Luke to be the Chosen One.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I'm a bit confused i just watched the duel. Yes Maul is asking if [Someone] is the choosen one but after that he say "he will avenge us" right? I thought he was speaking about Anakin not Luke for me Anakin is still the choosen one, he killed the emperor
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

CdtFox wrote:
ggctuk wrote:I've seen Twin Suns, but the only bit that really matters is the last 7 minutes of it. I'll spoiler-tag the stuff anyway.
Hidden/Spoiler:

Hidden/Spoiler:
I'm a bit confused i just watched the duel. Yes Maul is asking if [Someone] is the choosen one but after that he say "he will avenge us" right? I thought he was speaking about Anakin not Luke for me Anakin is still the choosen one, he killed the emperor
Hidden/Spoiler:
Obi-Wan has come to believe that Luke is the Chosen One.
ArtIsPaperView
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by ArtIsPaperView »

Hidden/Spoiler:

Hidden/Spoiler:
Just because he beat maul so easily doesn't mean he could have done the same with Vader. There's some key differences. First, Vader is much more powerful than maul (which maul says himself in the S2 finale). Second, and most importantly, Vader changed his fighting style entirely; Maul didn't. Obi-Wan knew what Maul was going to do beforehand. He tricked maul into trying the trick that had killed Qui-Gon, and was able to predict that maul would try it again. He was well versed in Maul's style and certainly had plenty of time to contemplate it while alone on Tantooine. When fighting Vader, he had no clue. Vader didn't fight at all in the same way. While Ben definitely did get killed intentionally, it's entirely possible Vader could have defeated him anyway.