Star Wars Battlefront III (360) leak

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Re: Star Wars Battlefront III (360) leak

Post by DarthDio »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattle ... e_radical/

Someone's got the menus working on a PC port.

I sued to be a mod there lol I don't know how I keep missing these posts. To be honest it looks mostly legit to me but we still have to wait for the whole game to get ported over.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DylanRocket »

DarthDio wrote:
Twilight_Warrior wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattle ... e_radical/

Someone's got the menus working on a PC port.

I sued to be a mod there lol I don't know how I keep missing these posts. To be honest it looks mostly legit to me but we still have to wait for the whole game to get ported over.
I believe it's a recreation. They're apparently working on recreating the whole game, not just the menus.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Garbage. There's no re-creating all that stuff without having it first in a universally readable format. Well over half of the game's formats haven't been figured out. It's just some person with delusions of grandeur. Terrain, textures, animations, physics and many other things are just a few of several things that would need figuring out before a remake could remotely be considered. Besides, it'd be much easier at that point -- *if* this stuff all gets figured out (doubtful) -- to put all this together as a mod for an existing shooter.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Teancum wrote:Garbage. There's no re-creating all that stuff without having it first in a universally readable format. Well over half of the game's formats haven't been figured out. It's just some person with delusions of grandeur. Terrain, textures, animations, physics and many other things are just a few of several things that would need figuring out before a remake could remotely be considered. Besides, it'd be much easier at that point -- *if* this stuff all gets figured out (doubtful) -- to put all this together as a mod for an existing shooter.

An existing shooter...And we all know which shooter game might be the best for this. Don't we? :yes:
DarthDio
Private Third Class

Post by DarthDio »

Teancum wrote:Garbage. There's no re-creating all that stuff without having it first in a universally readable format. Well over half of the game's formats haven't been figured out. It's just some person with delusions of grandeur. Terrain, textures, animations, physics and many other things are just a few of several things that would need figuring out before a remake could remotely be considered. Besides, it'd be much easier at that point -- *if* this stuff all gets figured out (doubtful) -- to put all this together as a mod for an existing shooter.

It turns out Teancum is right , I downloaded the file myself and spoke to the person who made it , I appreciate his effort but I don't think such thing is possible , idk I might be wrong but even the main menu has none of the original coding , it's just a recreation using the graphics from the original build.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

After the dev's site went done,this is his "workshop" now: http://commindustries.proboards.com/thr ... crollTo=35

Looks like he will use the released models by Corra_Ashu,may attempt to port some from the build and in the end probably make some.

Also from what I see,you can read .res files (from leaked build) using Notepad++.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Ther's a work-in-progress Xbox360 emulator called Xenia. At the moment, it hasn't had a public release but the source code is out there. One could in theory run this version on Xenia and use it and Ninja Ripper to rip the models.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

It's already been confirmed that the build doesn't work with Xenia.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

It doesn't work yet. Fully functional retail games have had problems on there (one particular amusing one I've seen on there for Sonic Unleashed is Sonic unable to do a loop-the-loop... and the stage stretches to the right as a result) and Xenia is in relative infancy (hence no actual compiled download for it).
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

BF2-Master wrote:The Invisible Hand was a really interesting location and it's also surprised me there's been no real attempts at it. Bandu's map was a tease -- I believe I tried to ask him about it before he disappeared and he said he'd only completed one hallway so it wasn't worth releasing.
I had some interest in a project like that some time ago, this is an image of LordBandu's hallway:
Hidden/Spoiler:
and this was my attempt to recreate it years ago:
Hidden/Spoiler:
It's not exactly the same but is close enough for me and LordBandu was kind enough to send me his textures for use on my model. :D
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

:shock: my eys!!!!! That looks so awesome. Please continue working on this :bowdown:
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

AceMastermind wrote:
BF2-Master wrote:The Invisible Hand was a really interesting location and it's also surprised me there's been no real attempts at it. Bandu's map was a tease -- I believe I tried to ask him about it before he disappeared and he said he'd only completed one hallway so it wasn't worth releasing.
I had some interest in a project like that some time ago, this is an image of LordBandu's hallway:
Hidden/Spoiler:
and this was my attempt to recreate it years ago:
Hidden/Spoiler:
It's not exactly the same but is close enough for me and LordBandu was kind enough to send me his textures for use on my model. :D
Looks beautiful -- I'd love to see it in action. :)

I'd offer to take over myself but I currently have no access to ZE, and since I can't model, it'd be hard to make anything else interesting out of it on my own.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

The lightning makes it look like it jedi outcast kinda. Lookes really neat!
DarthDio
Private Third Class

Post by DarthDio »

So I guess this thread is dead huh...

I expected some more discussion with updates , has anyone managed to work on that build so far?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

DarthDio wrote:So I guess this thread is dead huh...

I expected some more discussion with updates , has anyone managed to work on that build so far?
There's not much to update — at least not from getting the game itself to be any better. 3D models and textures are currently being converted to an open-model format so that anyone with the desire and ability can use them in Battlefront 1 or 2. I think a lot of people hope the maps will be converted as well, but that's going to be much more difficult.

What you see in the leaked footage and any videos that show SWBF3 is pretty much as far as it can go. It's unfortunate, but pretty much the only hope of salvaging anything is hoping that models and textures can be put into an open format that we can use in SWBF1 and 2.

Bummer, right?

**EDIT**
There are various focuses to sort of rebuild the game somewhere else, aka in a totally different engine. The problem with these lies in the fact that literally everything has to be rebuilt from scratch aside from models and textures. Unfortunately games like this never get off the ground, and while I'd like to be an optimist, realistically this one won't either.. By far our best hope is to convert all this to SWBF2, where a community is already very knowledgeable with the engine and all the other essentials we need (such as sounds, scripting, physics, animation systems, etc) are already built-in.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

This project plans to use every SWBF3 model released (by Corra_Ashu) and everything it can get from the build. http://commindustries.proboards.com/boa ... ebuild-bf3
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Teancum wrote:

There's not much to update — at least not from getting the game itself to be any better. 3D models and textures are currently being converted to an open-model format so that anyone with the desire and ability can use them in Battlefront 1 or 2. I think a lot of people hope the maps will be converted as well, but that's going to be much more difficult.

What you see in the leaked footage and any videos that show SWBF3 is pretty much as far as it can go. It's unfortunate, but pretty much the only hope of salvaging anything is hoping that models and textures can be put into an open format that we can use in SWBF1 and 2.

Bummer, right?

**EDIT**
There are various focuses to sort of rebuild the game somewhere else, aka in a totally different engine. The problem with these lies in the fact that literally everything has to be rebuilt from scratch aside from models and textures. Unfortunately games like this never get off the ground, and while I'd like to be an optimist, realistically this one won't either.. By far our best hope is to convert all this to SWBF2, where a community is already very knowledgeable with the engine and all the other essentials we need (such as sounds, scripting, physics, animation systems, etc) are already built-in.

Technicially Modders could start "recreating" Battlefront III as Addons for Battlefront II. When I read around several forums I see no one managed to get textures working yet. I just saw somebody using a program to import the models at least. But what I am acrtually trying to say is...Corra_Ashu released new packs containing several Assets from this game and I thought that it would be possible to make a port map. Maps can be redone using the layers from Elite Squadron (Just in better quality). And all 4 can now be remade using these assets. Only some weapon models are still missing but it should work having 10vs10 battles on both eras using Assets which have been shared here.
Some assets have already been ported into SWBF2. And all of them look perfect. We have Units, Some Weapon Models and various vehicles so far. Sounds, Modes etc. are already made. The only thing would be the maps which can be remade using HD textures, Normals, Specs, Bumps and several effects and more.
What do you think about it?
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

thelegend wrote:
Teancum wrote:

Bummer, right?

**EDIT**

Technicially Modders could start "recreating" Battlefront III as Addons for Battlefront II. When I read around several forums I see no one managed to get textures working yet. I just saw somebody using a program to import the models at least. But what I am acrtually trying to say is...Corra_Ashu released new packs containing several Assets from this game and I thought that it would be possible to make a port map. Maps can be redone using the layers from Elite Squadron (Just in better quality). And all 4 can now be remade using these assets. Only some weapon models are still missing but it should work having 10vs10 battles on both eras using Assets which have been shared here.
Some assets have already been ported into SWBF2. And all of them look perfect. We have Units, Some Weapon Models and various vehicles so far. Sounds, Modes etc. are already made. The only thing would be the maps which can be remade using HD textures, Normals, Specs, Bumps and several effects and more.
Ginev's already doing this.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

thelegend wrote:Technicially Modders could start "recreating" Battlefront III as Addons for Battlefront II. When I read around several forums I see no one managed to get textures working yet. I just saw somebody using a program to import the models at least. But what I am acrtually trying to say is...Corra_Ashu released new packs containing several Assets from this game and I thought that it would be possible to make a port map. Maps can be redone using the layers from Elite Squadron (Just in better quality). And all 4 can now be remade using these assets. Only some weapon models are still missing but it should work having 10vs10 battles on both eras using Assets which have been shared here.
Textures have been figured out over at forum.xentax.com. They can now be converted. That forum also has most models figured out. Maps are really another story. In regards to what they look like, I can tell you most maps are vastly different between PSP and 360. Dantooine is WAY different (much bigger scale on 360). That being said some of the PSP maps would be okay. I actually have a 3D model of Dantooine PSP thanks to ggctuk (he used an emulator and 3D capture program) and I've been tinkering with making something playable from it. So far rebuilding the terrain underneath has proven tough as ZeroEdit can get precise enough. really though I should just import it into the game as-is to see if the scale is correct. If it is maybe we could still scale it up some.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

commanderawesome wrote:Ginev's already doing this.
I didn't hear about this yet. Would love to hear more about this.
Textures have been figured out over at forum.xentax.com. They can now be converted. That forum also has most models figured out. Maps are really another story. In regards to what they look like, I can tell you most maps are vastly different between PSP and 360. Dantooine is WAY different (much bigger scale on 360). That being said some of the PSP maps would be okay. I actually have a 3D model of Dantooine PSP thanks to ggctuk (he used an emulator and 3D capture program) and I've been tinkering with making something playable from it. So far rebuilding the terrain underneath has proven tough as ZeroEdit can get precise enough. really though I should just import it into the game as-is to see if the scale is correct. If it is maybe we could still scale it up some.
Ah yes. I remember ggctuk has showed he has extracted the terrain file. I would really love to see mods which remake complete PSP games like Regegade Squadron. TWINKEYRUNAWAY is already doing this. I am excited to see more.
Anyways you told me they already got textures working. Can you please link me the forum/topic?