Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017)

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017)

Post by giftheck »

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-w ... 0-6439682/

It's confirmed to be happening with content from the Sequels though I'm guessing it will also have GCW content too, but no mention has been made of the Clone Wars or single player (they should have learned their lessons from this game on that regard)
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017)

Post by Anakin »

Ähm 2017: Last big Battlefront DLC + a new Battlefront?? Are they stupid?? I was still thinking about seasons pass to get all the DLCs But if they release a new game next year, who knows whether there will be still players on "old Battlefront"?? Didn't they say they want a long living game?? Something like CS?? I don't think that it is then a good idea to bring out a new (maybe) better game so early.

But maybe their "new" game will be just a kind of dlc for the old one(?)
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by CdtFox »

Anakin wrote: I don't think that it is then a good idea to bring out a new (maybe) better game so early.

But maybe their "new" game will be just a kind of dlc for the old one(?)
Yes it's stupid, but maybe like us with the originals battlefront, there will be nostalgic people who still want to play to Battlefront (2015)? Who knows?
From what I understand today there will be a star wars video game each year.... :s

2017: Battlefront 2
2018: another game
2019.."........."
Blake Jorgensen wrote:« L'année prochaine, nous allons voir le retour de Star Wars Battlefront avec des mondes de meilleure qualité et plus grands, car nous avons maintenant les nouveaux films à travailler et non plus les longs-métrages historiques sur lesquels nous nous sommes précédemment basés »
Blake Jorgensen wrote:"Next year we will see the return of Star Wars Battlefront with better quality and larger worlds because we now have new movies to work and not historical feature films on which we previously based"
-Blake Jorgensen, CFO - EA.

What are the "not historical feature films on which we previously based" ? As I know they were based on Ep4, Ep5, & Ep6 for the new battlefront no? :runaway:
Darth-Erik
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Halo
xbox live or psn: Thr33E3

Post by Darth-Erik »

I made a petition about this.
I think it would be ridiculous for Dice not to include the Prequel Era in the next one.
https://www.change.org/p/ea-make-star-w ... requel-era
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Hmm...They could have at least "finished" the first one before starting to work on a sequel. It has already much to offer, that's right, but many things are still missing. Of course it's up to them what they create or not, but keeping most of the franchise out, keeping Space and other important things out, making this game more MP than SP...Maybe it's just my opinion but I think they rushed the first game a bit. It's more than a mistake to work on sequels which probably have less content than expected (again). But I can't say much since it is just confirmed that a sequel is coming.