For all things related to AnthonyBF2's Battlefront PSP mod

Moderators: AnthonyBF2, Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: Battlefront 2 (PSP) Upgrades + 6th Release

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Here is version six of the SWBF2 mods for PSP.

Changes & Additions:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]- Hero Assault for all default SWBF2 maps except Jabba's Palace - I just can't make it work
- Hunt for Feluica, CIS rocket troops vs Acklay
- Fixed era C for ctf and conquest on Crash Site map
- Fixed all black texture spots in various maps
- Added Easy Awards game mode to Death Star, SWBF1 Kamino, SWBF1 Geonosis and Tantive IV
- SWBF2 Geonosis finally prepared
- Era G conquest added for SWBF2 Geonosis, only vehicle is AT-AT
- Music restored accross the entire game, but sacrifices command post voices and hero talking
- Hero Assault for Warehouse map
- XL mode for SWBF2 Mos Eisley, era G
- Fixed tutorial screens, these may or may not be replaced with something better
- Over half of the Rise of the Empire levels prepared
- New force powers have been built but have not been officially assigned to any characters
- Support unlimited custom user scripts
- Attempting to fix text issues for those playing with the European game version
- Scrubbed the Polis Massa windows clean *bird smashes into glass with cartoonish splat sound*[/code]
Installation:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]- Delete the "_lvl_psp" folder located in PSP_GAME\USRDYR\DATA\
- Put the "_lvl_psp" folder from the download inside of PSP_GAME\USRDYR\DATA\ where the old folder was
- Compile your ISO/CSO
- Game is ready to play[/code]
Don't discuss on the forum:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]- How to softmod the PSP consoles or the Vita
- How to obtain ripped game roms
- How to get emulators[/code]
Primary credits:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]- Razac920 for the Free For All game mode source files and scripting stuff
- [RDH]Zerted for Fake Console and scripting stuff
- Teancum for hex editing tips and tips/suggestions for various other things
- LordAwesome23, RogueAssassin2488, TwinkeyRunaway for media
- Anyone who's given feedback, done testing, and reported bugs & issues
- DylanRocket for SWBF1 imports, testing, media, and tons of other tiny bits
- A detailed list of credits is still in planning for the official and final mod release (whenever that happens to be)
- Me (AnthonyBF2) for being the primary project leader
- LucasArts & Pandemic for this great game, Savage Entertainment for doing the best PSP port they could, Sony for the best handheld device in history, and Gametoast for everything related to modding SWBF games[/code]
Recent videos:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Currently known bugs and issues:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]- Fake Console WILL cause a crash in Campaign modes 100% of the time, don't even try
- Not all campaign maps are completely functional (which ones work/fail not yet documented)
- Texture & skin changers can crash the game randomly, please report which map/mode/era if you experience this
- Challenge game type is broken
- XL mode is pretty much only stable on a good computer using PSP emulator, barely playable on the real PSP
- Galactic Conquest is broken (black screen after finishing a map)[/code]
Future:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]- More game modes for SWBF1 maps
- More skin options for Fake Console
- More heroes
- More vehicles
- More custom made maps
- More new game modes
- Replacement for tutorial screens (not yet confirmed what will be put there)[/code]
DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9tbmc ... rsion+6.7z

*This reply also replicated on the first page of this thread*
Last edited by AnthonyBF2 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Post by RogueAssassin2488 »

I can't wait to play V6
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:I can't wait to play V6
Approximately 25 minutes to link. Refresh the page in 30 minutes to be sure.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

I got a New android not new but made in 2013 Samsung Note 3 (May have virus scanning now) and a Real PSP 1000 i can't wait to try and Congratulations on V6 "alot of people had hope for the regular version Savage Entertainment did everything they could givin a short amout of time Sony for making the Greatest Portable console and AnthonyBF2 and others for finishing a fight"

No Virus on New phone i download a mp4 and a page that popped up said i have 4 Viruses page was obviously fake it says Remove Viruses didn't click but just made sure that i didn't
I have risky files but those are just built-in files
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:I got a New android not new but made in 2013 Samsung Note 3 (May have virus scanning now) and a Real PSP 1000 i can't wait to try and Congratulations on V6 "alot of people had hope for the regular version Savage Entertainment did everything they could givin a short amout of time Sony for making the Greatest Portable console and AnthonyBF2 and others for finishing a fight"

No Virus on New phone i download a mp4 and a page that popped up said i have 4 Viruses page was obviously fake it says Remove Viruses didn't click but just made sure that i didn't
I have risky files but those are just built-in files
I get those all the time, your phone is fine. Those popups just force open the Play Store to encourage you to download mediocre games and other useless junk no one would visit if not forced.

V6 Link is on previous post now.
suLac
Private
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront I + II
xbox live or psn: suLac4ever (both)

Post by suLac »

Here is my experience so far with Release 6 and a little bug report
My testing environment:
PSP 3004 CFW 6.60 LME 2.3
PPSSPP 1.2.2 on Windows 10 x64

Bugs and other things I noticed
Hidden/Spoiler:
Appeared while playing Conquest:
... but may also appear in other game modes if not mentioned otherwise ;)
[list][*]Bespin: Canyon - Performance is really weak on this map (on PSP) in both eras between 5 and 15 FPS depending on which direction you are facing.
[*]Honoghr: Crash Site - GCW is working without problems but in CW era every unit is invisible both Republic and CIS on PSP, while they are visible in PPSSPP after an delay of 1 second (this delay isn't there on other maps) after spawning for the first time. I think it's a (too little) memory issue on the real PSP while the emulator is able to keep going due to its virtual PSP (V?)RAM.
[*]Hoth: Echo Base - Missing ground texture if you leave CP2, heading left (both PSP and emulator).
[*]Geonosis: Freight Dock - GCW is working too but CW era causes the game to freeze (both on PSP and emulator) on loading screen like it was before on Honoghr in Release 5.
[*]Polis Massa: Asteroid Base/Medical Facility - I really like the clear windows ... finally you can see enemies coming through the corridors :thumbs: (Maybe you could add some stripes which look like light reflections or some "dusty dots" to the clear-window-texture to prevent birds from smashing into them :wink:).
[*]Tatooine: Dune Sea - The ground texture appears to be a little greenish like grass instead of looking like sand ^^
[*]Tatooine: Tusken Camp - works fine overall, there are only some disappearing textures segments on top of those platforms, when you are standing upon them (only on real PSP, so I guess it's also an memory issue ...).
[*]The Warehouse - it runs pretty good without any problem (even though it runs a little choppy in certain areas and when there are many bots in your line of sight)[/list]
Furthermore I tested the new game modes on some maps: They work great, well done :)
That's my first report so far ... I hope, it may help you with your further development :)
As always: You've done great work so far and I am very happy about every new release, which is even more polished, compared to the last ones ... every time!
It's a blast to see, what the PSP is capable of because of your awesome project :thumbs:
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Geonsis dust Plains on Cw Era will crash in loading.

PSP 1000 CFW 6.61
With Speed Up

Lovin the music i suggest turning it off when recording so no copyrighted (if you use music youtube could ban your video in certain countries

More Bugs

Mygetto Campaign is crashing during loading

Hoth XL runs Smoothly on my PSP

Geonosis Dock Music is disabled and only works on GCW

Honoghr crash site CW works perfectly on my end

Kashyyk BeachLand Freezes on CW conquest

All This Is Done On The PSP 1000
suLac
Private

Post by suLac »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:Geonsis dust Plains on Cw Era will crash in loading.

PSP 1000 CFW 6.61
With Speed Up

Lovin the music i suggest turning it off when recording so no copyrighted (if you use music youtube could ban your video in certain countries

More Bugs

Mygetto Campaign is crashing during loading

Hoth XL runs Smoothly on my PSP

Geonosis Dock Music is disabled and only works on GCW

Honoghr crash site CW works perfectly on my end

Kashyyk BeachLand Freezes on CW conquest

All This Is Done On The PSP 1000
What do you mean by "with speed up"?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I've gotten into a bad habit of only testing things on the PPSSPP emulator. When I get the time I will sit down and play through everything on the PSP that's been set up so far. I'm on 1001 and 2001 each with 6.61 PRO-C. For now I need a break from modding, but I'll do PSP tests for a few days to see what is broken throughout.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

suLac wrote:Here is my experience so far with Release 6 and a little bug report
My testing environment:
PSP 3004 CFW 6.60 LME 2.3
PPSSPP 1.2.2 on Windows 10 x64

Bugs and other things I noticed
Hidden/Spoiler:
Appeared while playing Conquest:
... but may also appear in other game modes if not mentioned otherwise ;)
[list][*]Bespin: Canyon - Performance is really weak on this map (on PSP) in both eras between 5 and 15 FPS depending on which direction you are facing.
[*]Honoghr: Crash Site - GCW is working without problems but in CW era every unit is invisible both Republic and CIS on PSP, while they are visible in PPSSPP after an delay of 1 second (this delay isn't there on other maps) after spawning for the first time. I think it's a (too little) memory issue on the real PSP while the emulator is able to keep going due to its virtual PSP (V?)RAM.
[*]Hoth: Echo Base - Missing ground texture if you leave CP2, heading left (both PSP and emulator).
[*]Geonosis: Freight Dock - GCW is working too but CW era causes the game to freeze (both on PSP and emulator) on loading screen like it was before on Honoghr in Release 5.
[*]Polis Massa: Asteroid Base/Medical Facility - I really like the clear windows ... finally you can see enemies coming through the corridors :thumbs: (Maybe you could add some stripes which look like light reflections or some "dusty dots" to the clear-window-texture to prevent birds from smashing into them :wink:).
[*]Tatooine: Dune Sea - The ground texture appears to be a little greenish like grass instead of looking like sand ^^
[*]Tatooine: Tusken Camp - works fine overall, there are only some disappearing textures segments on top of those platforms, when you are standing upon them (only on real PSP, so I guess it's also an memory issue ...).
[*]The Warehouse - it runs pretty good without any problem (even though it runs a little choppy in certain areas and when there are many bots in your line of sight)[/list]
Furthermore I tested the new game modes on some maps: They work great, well done :)
That's my first report so far ... I hope, it may help you with your further development :)
As always: You've done great work so far and I am very happy about every new release, which is even more polished, compared to the last ones ... every time!
It's a blast to see, what the PSP is capable of because of your awesome project :thumbs:
Did Geonosis work for you? Also the Speed up is with the CFW
Lordawesome23
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Lordawesome23 »

Thanks for having me in the credits dude! Did you add the new screenshots for the planets?

Edit: As you can tell I'm still downloading it
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Lordawesome23 wrote:Thanks for having me in the credits dude! Did you add the new screenshots for the planets?

Edit: As you can tell I'm still downloading it
I got all the stuff you sent but I didn't bother adding them yet.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Looks like a lot of changes and fixes were added in for the greater good, nice job Anthony! Only question I have is: Is this the final release of the PSP Version for the game?
suLac
Private

Post by suLac »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:Looks like a lot of changes and fixes were added in for the greater good, nice job Anthony! Only question I have is: Is this the final release of the PSP Version for the game?
No, I think it's not the final one, because he also mentioned things he wants to improve in future releases :wink:
AnthonyBF2 wrote:Here is version six of the SWBF2 mods for PSP.
Future:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]- More game modes for SWBF1 maps
- More skin options for Fake Console
- More heroes
- More vehicles
- More custom made maps
- More new game modes
- Replacement for tutorial screens (not yet confirmed what will be put there)[/code]
Lordawesome23
Private

Post by Lordawesome23 »

Did anyone else notice that the existing maps have been well optimized but also noticed the campaign maps are extremely laggy?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Lordawesome23 wrote:Did anyone else notice that the existing maps have been well optimized but also noticed the campaign maps are extremely laggy?
That's because there is more going on in the campaigns.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Lordawesome23 wrote:Did anyone else notice that the existing maps have been well optimized but also noticed the campaign maps are extremely laggy?
i have tried afew campaign maps most of them work fine but some crash
like Mygetto crashes during loading and a few others but besides that it runs fine for me
Lordawesome23
Private

Post by Lordawesome23 »

Space Coruscant Campaign and Space Mustafar will crash
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I'm going to be really busy for the rest of this week so I'd like to get this topic locked again - thanks whichever moderator sees this. :wink:
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Yeah you also deserve a break i can imagine a the notifications